Dear guests of the reserve!
When planning a trip and choosing a tour, be careful: the administration of the reserve doesn’t take responsibility for the information posted on third-party sites.
You can familiarize yourselves with the current ecological routes, regulations for receiving cruise ships, the order of paperwork, as well as additional services provided by the administration of the reserve on the official website in the section "Educational Tourism" or directly in the office of the reserve.
REMINDER ON VISIT APPLICATION PREPARATION
The visit to Federal State Budget Institution «State Nature Reserve «Wrangel Island»» is to be realized according to the regulations of the reserve and to the rules of visiting Chukotka Autonomous Region and the Russian Arctic islands.
In order to receive a permit to visit the nature reserve for the purposes of ecological educational tourism it is required to send an application letter addressed to the director of the nature reserve. The application letter must include the following information:
1. Name and purpose of the project (scientific expedition, ecological tourism, cruise ship ecotourism, video shooting etc.
2. Applicant’s full name (organization full name or individual person full name including his or her professional affilation.
3. Precise project tasks (for ecological tourism – means of travel, for documentary film production – its subject, for professional photo shooting, book production, island natural complexes studying – priority objects of flora and fauna).
4. Group members (number of participants, age, physical training conditions).
5. Preferable period / season for the visit.
6. Preparedness assessment for life and work in Arctic conditions, previous experience. Expedition leader and staff of cruise ship expeditions should indicate their experience of disembark in natural areas of preferential protection).
7. Equipment and outfitting that will be used during the visit to the island. A detailed list should be provided including personal means of communication, transport etc. Cruise ship expeditions should indicate technical equipment needed for the passengers’ disembark.
8. Expected technical and common rider (for ground expeditions).
The information provided in the application is necessary to assess the project’s correspondence with nature oriented policy of the nature reserve, its scientific and research goals, current work schedule, project realization program, resource providing and general practicability. In case of positive decision this information will be used to calculate the cost and evaluate the logistics of the expedition.
Should the points 5 and 8 not indicated precisely, the administration and Scientific-Technical Council of the nature reserve will proceed from logistic practicability.
If the project parameters contradict the island policy, its plans and goals, the administration may suggest correcting the project. Should the administration of the nature reserve accept the application all the necessary permits to stay in this region of Russian Arctic must be received from the relevant authorities according to established procedure.
Nature Reserve Office in Pevek:
Post address: FSBI «State Nature Reserve «Wrangel Island»
689400, Obrucheva street, 38, Pevek city
Chukotka Autonomous Region
Tel: + 7 (427-37) 4-30-30
Fax: + 7 (427-37) 4-15-12